Monday, January 19, 2009

Oops haven't checked the blog in awhile!

Ok Ok I'm a slacker and I know it. Its just been so bussssssssssssy! (well when is it not busy around here!) The weather has been so unbelieveably cold, -21 Thursday morning , and -32 friday morning! It has now warmed up to a balmy 20 degrees above zero, which feels like a heat wave. The kids were stuck inside for 5 (yes 5) days!!!!!! So here I am in the school in the classroom with kids who haven't gone outdoors for 5 days other than to walk to and from the bus. Then I'm home with my own little darlings who haven't seen the light of day in 5 days. Wonderful. So we decided that we would get a Wii fit, to help us stay active on these cold days and also for Shawn and I to get in better shape and lose weight. So far we've done well. We have been eating much healthier for a few weeks now and thats getting a little easier. Now we're working out everyday too! You can do yoga, strength training, jogging, etc on the wii fit. So for the last 3 days I have done 30 minutes of yoga and stretching, 15 minutes of lunges/strength training, and 10 minutes of jogging in place. I am pretty darn sore too!!! Hopefully that part will go away soon!
The kids love it and its going to help a lot on these days that we're stuck inside so much. Keeps them busy! We've been playing a lot of skipbo too. Melanie went back to school on the 18th of January, and was very very excited to get back. She broke up with her boyfriend ( a good thing for her) and was feeling refreshed and ready to start a new semester. Tori had a dance Friday night and I was a chaperoning parent. I danced a little too but didn't want to be too embarrassing so I tried to be very serious and calm. (HAHAHAHAHA!!!!)
Well it is now time for lunch, and since I have the day off today and there are no kids here right now, I am going to watch The Young and the Restless and see what is up with Nick, Sharon and Phyllis. I'm so bad; you would think that after all these years I just wouldn't care about that show anymore. But I still faithfully watch. All the time. while my husband laughs at it.
Hope that everyone is doing well; keeping warm and enjoying the month of January so far.

1 comment:

  1. I love Skipbo!! Sorry to hear about Melanie..those things are always rough! She sounds like she is ok with it though.

    ReplyDelete